Technology-driven skills training in the Financial Services and Fintech Sector
WHAT IS FINTech CAREERS?
FINtech Careers, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, designed in partnership with ReTrain Canada and SAIT to provide technology-driven training to Albertan professionals pivoting into the Financial Services and Fintech sector.
Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Important facts about FINtech Careers:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- FINtech Careers is offered in Calgary, Alberta
- Courses are taught and provided by ReTrain Canada and SAIT
- All certifications and micro-credentials are industry-recognized
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM?
Manpower’s FINtech Careers Program Includes:
- Emerging Technologies in Digital Banking
- Cybersecurity Basics
- Certificates in one of 3 core training streams:
- Banking Customer Service and Contact Centre
- Personal Banking Representative
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
FINtech Careers Training Program Structure:
- 2 weeks of Employment Preparation Training with Manpower
- 8 weeks of Occupational Skills Training with ReTrain Canada or SAIT
- Up to 4 weeks of unpaid work experience
- 3-month access to job placement assistance
To Join FINtech Careers Training You Must Be:
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Alberta
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) of 7 or greater
- Unemployed or EI eligible & contact Manpower to define eligibility
- EI eligible view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to commit to full-time training and employment