APM (Asset Performance Management) Training Content Developer
Manpower is currently seeking an APM Training Content Developer for a contract position with a major oil and gas client in Calgary, AB.
- This role supports the Enterprise Reliability Asset Management (ERAM) project by facilitating the creation of content for GE APM software instructional learning (virtual/in-person hands-on, classroom and virtual instruction) as well as manual, reference guide, and standards document development.
- Asset reliability management system manual and quick reference guidelines.
- Develop and build end-user manual & quick reference guidelines for reliability software end users.
- Reliability work process guidelines
- Modify Existing guidelines with direction from SME.
- Develop new guidelines with direction from SME.
- Develop new activity guidance documents with direction from SME.
- Develop roles and responsibility charts (RACIs)
- Work Process maps
- Content build for Maintenance and Reliability knowledge library
- Create instructional materials in collaboration with the APM Training Specialist.
- Developing comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Cultivate an understanding of asset work processes and supporting tools; translate complex software and work process information into simple, polished, and engaging end-user content.
- Writing user-engaging content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, while working closely with program leads and SMEs to understand project requirements.
- Information gathering from SME’s and STEN Leads to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Working with business stakeholders, SME’s and ops Leads to identify all documentation and repositories.
- Developing content in electronic media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field is a plus.
- Eng. certification is a plus.
- 3-5 years of industry relevant experience as a technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex work processes, engineering standards, and software systems.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for technically-minded audiences.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex work processes, engineering standards, and software.
- Experience working with software engineers and designers to develop training for technical software applications.
- Applied knowledge of GE APM and/or Meridium asset performance management software with an emphasis on Essentials, Strategy, Health, and Reliability Analytics modules.
- Writing technical documents, standards, and training instructions in Oil, petroleum processing, chemical processing, and/or mining industries
Please email your resume directly to email@example.com or call 403-809-4215