Application Developer – Senior
Manpower is currently seeking an Application Developer – Senior (Transportation Safety Services Application Development and Maintenance (TSIS, eCollision, eVip, eFacility. SFOA, DFM, ATIOS, WECP, Kofax)) for a long term contract position in Edmonton, AB.
• Provide integrated solutions expertise in complex IT environments, across multi-tiered Windows and Linux application systems
• Provide senior technical expertise in these Safety portfolio application systems: Such as or equivalent to TSIS, eCollision, eVip, eFacility. SFOA, DFM, ATIOS, WECP, Kofax solutions, and others as assigned
• Advises clients/development teams and prepares estimates and solution descriptions for application
requests, defects, or enhancements
• Provide senior technical expertise on technology or framework upgrades to improve application
• Provide senior technical expertise in the ongoing operation and support of application solutions, tools
or frameworks within the Safety portfolio
• Contribute to the creation of the Application Lifecycle Planning schedule, identify and coordinate
release schedules, ensure planned releases remain on schedule and on track
• Facilitate the gathering of user requirements and the preparation of requirements documentation
• Execute the applications development lifecycle: develop code modifications; develop and document
test cases; perform unit testing; perform system testing; DEV/SYT deployments support the deployment
of changes to UAT and Production
• Create and/or update application documentation for new or changed services
• Provide Incident and event management activities such as: monitor Duty Mailbox for
customer requests, create ticketing tools in systems such as Rational Team Concert, Service Request Coordinator Systems, and ITSM tickets
• Complete or provide input into Incident and Root Cause Analysis reports and participate in Incident
• Facilitate and participate in the application weekly testing rotation schedule for code deployments and/or operational maintenance activities, such as monthly server patching or environmental upgrades.
• Monitor application availability by being on-call and prepared for scheduled code implementations;
application maintenance, and ensuring testers are assigned and available to verify application
• University graduation in computing science, technical, business, management or a related discipline and 6 years related experience; Equivalencies will be considered
•Experience in programming and supporting of Java based applications used to interface a business area of similar size and complexity
• Provide specific examples of systems including description of business use in response
• Experience in the design, development, implementation, and integration of large-scale, multi-tiered enterprise systems within an organization of equivalent complexity and size
• Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
• Experience with designing and implementing high performance and scalable Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) solutions (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
• Experience with Oracle WebLogic and/or Application Server and IBM Info Server
• Experience and advanced knowledge in programming in the J2EE environment using the Eclipse development tool
• Experience with Oracle Database and PL/SQL programming
• Experience with TOAD and Apache Tomcat based applications
• Experience in developing and support customised business solutions developed in Microsoft Dynamics/CRM used to interface a business area of similar size and complexity
•Experience with planning and managing systems development projects and operational activities.
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-836-5688. Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com
Even if this one might not be the one for you, please do not hesitate to send your email to Calgary.email@example.com and let one of our Talents Management Consultants connect with you about our other opportunities.
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).