Cloud Platform Manager
Manpower is currently seeking a Cloud Platform Manager to fill a contract position with a major gas company in Calgary, AB.
- Work with both operational and project teams to understand their cloud platform requirements and translate those requirements into the required cloud technical operational delivery solution for their area of scope.
- Provide subject matter expertise on all relevant cloud IaaS and PaaS components and will act as emergency technical support if required.
- Determine if current cloud platform solutions in their area of scope will meet new requirements or will work with Enterprise Architecture to recommend new cloud platform solutions if required.
- Maintain awareness of the overall company business enterprise and company enterprise-wide IT architecture available to understand the issues and implications of proposed cloud platform solutions.
- Responsible for oversight and management of an outsourced operational support service provider that would perform the day to day execution of end to end cloud area specific platform operational activities.
Required Education / Experience:
- Education in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in area of scope cloud platform experience
- Knowledge of cloud enterprise systems is considered an asset
- Knowledge of common business processes is considered an asset
- ITIL certification
- Skills in the following are considered an asset; Cloud Platform (Iaas and PaaS) Architecture, Multi-cloud Environments and Technologies, Infrastructure Technologies (ie virtualization, databases, networking, storage), Integration Architecture, Operating Systems, Database Management, Web Services, Quality Assurance, Information Security & Compliance, DevOps Tools, Business Analysis, Financial Management, Communication
- Ability to integrate business processes and functional requirements within the area of scope cloud platforms to meet business needs.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical language for business stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment, build collaborative relationships, and negotiate with various stakeholders
- Have an innovative mindset, and a proven track record in identifying, proposing, prototyping, documenting, and overseeing the execution of area of scope cloud technology solutions.
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).