Manpower is currently seeking a Construction Analyst to fulfill a long term contract position with a major pipeline client in Prince George, BC.
In this role you will focus on providing construction schedule monitoring, progress reporting, cost control and earned value analysis/reporting for assigned Construction Work Packages including; construction schedule monitoring and resources monitoring regarding scheduled targets, tracking daily progress and activity metrics, providing cost tracking and reporting against established construction budgets and providing cost trending reporting to required stakeholders to ensure pro-active management related to forecasted expenditures.
• Work with the Program Controls and Program Supervisor to define the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Budget that will be utilized for the Dig Program Packages
• Define the Program schedule that will be utilized for the Construction Packages according to the WBS
• Set up score cards for earned value reporting broken down by the WBS.
• Update and monitor performance of the Program and the contractors based on the results.
• Perform updates daily, weekly, monthly, or by shift dependent on the pace of the items being monitored.
• Ensure that all costs and hours expended on the Program are allocated to the correct budget (WBS) accounts.
• Interface with the contractors to ensure deliverables per the “Contractor Program Controls Reporting Requirements” are timely and accurate
• Validate daily LEM Sheets (Daily Site Reports) and other similar contractor submittals for agreed rates, and the correct WBS coding for the works performed.
• Interface with the Inspectors that approve the daily LEM Sheets (Daily Site Reports), and other similar reports for the accuracy of the hours expended, and that the resources are itemized as an accurate reflection of the works taking place.
• Ensure that the Contractors are tracking the progress of their work in a similar manner utilizing Score Cards to report earned value, and overall scope completion percentages.
• Review the progress reporting of the contractors is accurate and to update the company’s score cards
• Review of Contractor Invoices, ensuring that the coding, amounts, and reported quantities are in agreement with the information provided by the contractor to date, and in agreement with the terms and conditions of the contract.
Required Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary in Engineering technology, or business/accounting related studies
• Formal training in regards to Scheduling, Estimating, Cost Controls, and Planning is an asset
• Minimum 2 to 5 years of construction experience related to cost and scheduling controls of multi discipline Programs on Program sites
• Previous experience in Oil and Gas industry and Construction is required and interfaces with the Engineering, Procurement and Contracting, Execution, and Commissioning phases of the Program are highly desirable.
• Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel) and understanding of scheduling software such as MS Projects/Data Base Software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to articulate requirement in a fast paced environment.
*Please note, a clear criminal record check is required for this opportunity.
Please email your resume directly to email@example.com or call 403-809-4215
Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).