Manpower is currently seeking Full Stack Developer to fill a long term contract position with a major pipeline client in Edmonton, AB.
- Develop polished modular code in a distinctive way to ensure large-scale business impact of the digital products being built and drive competitive advantage
- Bring recommendations around architecture and platform decisions and make recommendations on critical decisions relating to code build
- Identify bottlenecks in coding development and deployment processes
- Develop across the technology stack, in different languages and environments
- Participate in deploying application artifacts to appropriate target environments using the supported technologies and infrastructure
- Build coding standardizations and automate processes for the organization
- Develop appropriate documentation as defined by the agile development methodology
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Work closely with end-users to identify issues and captures business requirements and translates those requirements into system design specifications
- Support the development of a culture that is customer-centric, collaborative, risk-embracing, and entrepreneurial
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
- 5-10 years of Full Stack Development experience which includes Web Development, API and database development
- GIS background or have worked with GIS systems, information, and data is preferred
- Strong knowledge of back-end technologies: ASP.NET and C# programming language
- Proficient in the utilization of Design Patterns for both back and front end
- Knowledgeable in database technologies including SQL, No-SQL (such as MongoDB, Cosmos, Cassandra, etc.), and Data warehouses
- Proficient in data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio IDE
- Understand Agile software development and lean start-up methodologies
- Working knowledge of deployment automation solutions (i.e. Azure DevOps, Octopus Deploy)
- experienced in continuous integration and related tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Team City, Hudson, Maven, Ant, Git, Sonar, etc.
- Experience with big data and cloud-based technologies: Microsoft Azure, Spark, Hadoop, and/or large data warehousing initiatives
- Excellent coding and scripting skills and experience with implementing highly scalable web-based architectures using modern cloud-based platforms (PaaS/SaaS)
- Ambitious, organized self-starter who is self-motivated, but also an excellent teammate with a professional presence and a real passion for innovation
- Able to engage and influence people around them
*Please note, a clear criminal record check is required for this position.
Please email your resume directly to Allan Jones firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can view our current open positions on manpowerab.com
Follow us on Facebook (manpoweralberta), Instagram (Manpower.AB), twitter (ManpowerAB) & LinkedIn (ManpowerAB).