Learning Advisor, Instructional Design
Manpower is currently seeking a Learning Advisor, Instructional Design to fill a long term contract position with a major pipeline company in Calgary, AB.
- Collaborate with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultants to understand impacts on stakeholder groups and roles to provide inputs to define the training strategy and approach.
• Work to understand and leverage existing training structures, establishes a strong partnership with existing learning teams (ideal if a member of existing learning teams).
• Work with OCM counterparts to conduct the training needs analysis within Functions.
• Work with OCM counterparts and Project Functional Technical team to define curriculum for cross-functional training and Function specific training.
• Support training development within the Function and work with Training Logistics Coordinator to support training delivery.
• Support ongoing project team training / capability development.
• Partner with other Learning Advisors and Training Logistics Coordinators to support cross-functional training delivery. Includes training delivery where needed.
• Partner with Training Logistics Coordinator to support training effectiveness measurement.
• Work with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultants to identify post go-live training needs and support in post-go-live training preparation and delivery.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in designing, developing and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for self-directed e-learning, instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job practice activities
• A minimum of two years’ experience in delivering training, both in a classroom setting and virtually
• Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Information and Learning Technologies or related field or equivalent experience
• Maximo and/or Oracle systems (ERP) experience is mandatory
- Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning theories, principles, program design strategies, technologies, trends and best practices applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
• Familiarity with various learning delivery models including online, blended, and classroom; knowledge of the theories and practices of e-learning and the implementation of synchronous learning environments
• Experience with Learning Management Systems; familiarity with virtual classroom and with multimedia and web design technologies
• Ability to analyze training needs, design learning objectives, determine ideal delivery method
• Designing and writing course materials, activities and exercises, assessments, job aides
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a broad range of audiences one-on-one and in a group setting, make presentations and write clear, concise learning materials geared for the target audience
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with Training Leads, OCM counterparts, Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants, Training Logistics Coordinator and other Learning Advisors
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-437-4556