Planner / Scheduler
Manpower is currently seeking a Planner / Scheduler to fulfill a long-term contract with a major pipeline client in Calgary, AB.
- Adhering to enterprise scheduling standards for development and implementation of schedules, ensures standards are current, e.g., Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Updating, revising and detailing for schedules as projects progress through development and execution stages, e.g., updating the schedules based on earned-value data from the Field Construction Analysts and other sources of construction tracking and reporting information
- Assist with interpreting performance of scheduled activities and communicating issues to the Project Manager, e.g., analyzing the impacts that schedule updates will have on baseline plans, ensuring resource requirements for schedules are incorporated at planning stages and continuously developed through the project lifecycle,
- Developing and managing schedule performance indicators
- Providing technical advice related to scheduling/planning/logistics. Developing detailed “what-if” schedules as requested to communicate options to the project team, identifying critical path elements and associated logic driven options, etc.
- Representing the department by providing advice and coordination of internal projects and associated external activities, e.g., customers, partners, consultants, etc.
- Providing technical and business advice on the preparation and disposition of documents required for project completion, e.g., providing reports, schedules, updates and input as required regarding scheduling and planning for the projects.
- Interface with the various stakeholders on the project team and other key stakeholders to receive the information required for accurate and timely critical-path management of the project schedules.
- Ensuring cost and schedule integration across all project controls systems.
Required Education / Experience:
- Technical college diploma or university degree in a related field
- 5-10 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Aptitude and communications skills related to acting independently as a senior logistics/scheduling professional
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload in a fast paced and dynamic environment and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Possess an aptitude for successfully building relationships with project staff, internal and external stakeholders.
- Expert level knowledge of Primavera P6
- Experience with oil and gas construction projects
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org