Manpower is currently seeking a Quality Specialist to fill a contract position with a major gas client in Chatham, ON.
- Engage with Project Teams and prepare Project Quality Management Plans for construction quality activities.
- Initiate the quality engagement checklist tool for project quality planning with the Project teams.
- Complete project quality resource estimates and manpower scheduling.
- Perform quality reviews on drawings, ITP’s, Contractor quality plans and other documents.
- Participate in request for proposal meetings.
- Coordinate and perform offsite fabrication quality surveillance and inspection activities.
- Develop quality assurance process and record assessment plans for construction activities.
- Schedule and perform process and records assessments and audits for construction activities.
- Review and distribute process and record assessment findings and deficiency lists and facilitate timely and satisfactory resolution of deficiencies, investigate quality issues and ensure timely closure.
- Monitor and report on Contractor quality programs and plans and follow up when required with corrective and improvement actions.
- Support quality issues management tools such as non-conformance reports, opportunities for improvement, quality incident notifications and change management tools.
- Provide Quality subject matter support to the project teams for construction, materials, welding, pressure testing, coating, civil, electrical etc.
- Completes regularly scheduled quality reporting requirements
Required Education / Experience:
- 15 years of combined Oil and Gas Construction and Quality experience.
- 10 years of pipeline industry experience in industrial facility and mainline construction, Inspection, quality assurance and audit and assessment experience would be an asset.
- Completion of a Degree or Technical Certification in mechanical trades, engineering or a combination of related post-secondary degrees.
- CWB Level II Welding Inspector and or equivalent AWS CWI – API 570 certification.
- Advanced level understanding of engineering and construction drawings, materials, records and related documentation.
- Advanced technical and working knowledge of design and construction standards, CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems and the Canadian Energy Regulator Onshore Pipeline Regulations and associated Provincial and regional codes and requirements.
- Ability to comprehend and apply Federal and Provincial regulations applicable to pipeline construction.
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector certification.
- NACE CIP Level II Coating Inspection is an asset.
- ISO 9001 Audit training is an asset.
- Time management skills and the ability to manage diverse projects and processes with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with personal at all levels of the organization.
Please email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 587-437-4556