TECHCareers was designed to support Albertans interested in transitioning into Alberta’s growing technology sector as Software Developers to aid growth across Alberta. The goal of TECHCareers is to grow the same infrastructure that underlies successful tech communities such as Silicon Valley and South Korea’s Panyo Techno Valley, so Albertans do not have to move away to invent, move their ideas forward, or prosper in the field.
TECHCareers offers a free 26-week IT training program, as well as personalized employment services to Albertans interested in entering the growing technology sector as a Software Developer. Upon completion of the 26-week training program, eligible Albertans will receive free postsecondary accredited certification for Software Development, through current and relevant tech training from top instructors at the University of Alberta using SAITs customized training tools and curriculum.
TECHCareers is government funded, so there are NO fees to obtain postsecondary recognized Software Development Certification.
26 weeks course at the University of Alberta (U of A)
• 1 week of employability skills
• 17 weeks of Intensive technical on-site training (Mon to Friday, 8am to 4pm)
• 8 weeks internship
• Job placement following completion of internship
• 18 years of age and older;
• Have not attended an education program under the School Act (Kindergarten to Grade 12) for 12 consecutive months;
• Unemployed, or working on average less than 20 hours per week over the last 12 weeks and planning to remain employed while in training
• Lacking credentials related to the field of training and experience challenges attaching to the labour market;
• A resident of Alberta;
• Deemed to meet citizenship requirements (e.g. Canadian citizen, permanent resident or convention refugee) and legally entitled to work and train in Canada; and
• Basic computer skills;
• Understanding of the existence of different software development languages; and
• Ready, willing and able to participate in full-time training leading to full-time employment (minimum of 30 hours per week) in the field of Software Development.
If you’ve said YES to the following, apply today!
If you are interested in pursuing a career in IT, please submit a copy of your resume to be considered for the next steps to info.edm@TECHCareers.ca