WHAT IS TRAINING FOR WORK?
- Training for Work, a Manpower Alberta Program, is a no-cost government-funded training program, providing job search support to unemployed EI eligible Albertans, semi-skilled and skilled needing employment change support, short term skill development and workforce adjustment.
- Funded by the Alberta Ministry of Labour & Immigration.
Qualifications for Training for Work:
- 18 years of age or older and out of the secondary school system for more than 1 year
- A current resident of Edmonton and surrounding area
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or Marginally Employed view GOA site for details
- Be ready, willing, and able to participate in full time employment
Important facts about Training for Work:
- The program is entirely government-funded with zero cost to the participants
- Training for Work is offered to those in Edmonton & Area
TRANSITIONAL EMPLOYMENT SERVICES
Training for Work’s Transitional Employment Service offers:
- group-based workshops, individualized coaching, networking opportunities, and on-going support to help job seekers secure meaningful and sustainable employment.
- Our team supports job seekers with resumes, cover letters, interview prep, LinkedIn support & short course access.
- Our Job Placement Consultants develop relationships with suitable employers with the goal of connecting them with individuals who are ready, willing and able to participate in full time employment.
About Workplace Training & On-the-Job Training:
- Workplace Training is intended to provide individual-focused training or work experience to enable individuals to find and maintain employment. Workplace Training has two streams for job seekers: On-the-job Training & Paid Work Experience. Job Seekers can be placed in a stream depending on what is the best option for the individual, determined by the Training for Work team.